Monday, November 11, 2013

Warriors

The storm has subsided
The losses have been counted
And the sun is finally shining
Through the mountains of cloud.

Now is the time
For you and me to come together
We have lost the battle
But the war can still be won.

I wait for your visit
With full faith
And call with an open heart
Come!
So you and I may talk business
Strengthen our alliance
And anchor our fraternity
On unsurpassed resilience.

Come, my Brother
My combat partner
Enough time has been spent
Waiting for the inevitable
Now is the time
For you and me to come together
To solidify our forces 
For this battle
We are certain to win.

I call you my Eternal Brother
My combat partner
Not only do you speak
The language of my mother  
Not only do you harken
From the birth-land of my father
Not only are you bound
With me in flesh and blood 
But also you and I
My dearest combat partner
Primarily share one goal
Ever since time was born  
Of winning this epic battle.

~By Addisu
Ancona, Italy
30-10-13

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment